August 9, 2022
Image Credit: Canva Studio via Pexels
Are you looking for ways to represent different groups of people in your next tech project? If so, here are a few of our favorite resources such as illustrations and photos. Check them out below and let us know what you think!
- Black Illustrations – beautiful, custom illustrations featuring Black people doing extraordinary things. Creating content for Mental Health Awareness Month, which is in May? Take a look at their “Mental Health is Wealth” pack here. [If you use this link to purchase something, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!]
- Humaans – an app for you to create mix and match features, clothing, and more.
- Fresh Folk – a library of people and objects, from various mix and match poses to items needed to create scenes.
📸 Stock Photos:
- POC Stock – high quality stock photos, videos, and illustrations featuring people of color.
- Nappy.co – photos of Black and Brown people, for free.
- TONL – culturally diverse photos that represent the world we live in.
We have plenty more resources to share. Check them out via the link to our newsletter below!
Meet our Summer 2022 interns!
Last month, three interns from STL Youth Jobs completed the Nerdy Diva internship as part of STL Youth Jobs’ Career Accelerator Pathway. Thank you to Shancia Morgan, Shawn Taylor, and Anaya Walker for contributing to Nerdy Diva’s growth this summer!!! They completed a...
Nerdy Diva’s in The New York Times!
Image Credit: Whitney Curtis for The New York TimesEarlier this year, Shanae had the amazing opportunity to close out 2021 by sharing her experience as a Black woman in tech over the past 10 years with the New York Times. In the article, she discusses her experience...
Watch Nerdy Diva’s Interview with Good Morning America!
Image Credit: Screenshot via Good Morning America (GMA)Are you trying to figure out whether or not it's a good time to find a new job or secure higher compensation? Experts say that now is the time to negotiate a raise due to rising inflation, and our founder Shanae...