August 3, 2022
Finding my next role in tech wasn’t easy, although recruiters were blowing up my inbox with offers. I wasn’t looking to accept just any role or take the first one being offered. I stayed the course and had faith that I would find what I was looking for, and I did.
During my job search I was strategically searching for:
- Smart and kind people working on innovative products and services who practice people centered leadership and accountability.
- Dedication to action and continuous growth in diversity and inclusion. A must have for me – full stop.
- Support across the company for growing the user experience research practice and systems.
- A focus on professional development, learning, sharing knowledge internally and externally, and career growth opportunities.
- Equitable pay and benefits, including a remote-first culture, and in-person company retreats (following Covid-19 safety protocols).
- Flexibility and support for my multiple roles as a HashiCorp employee, founder of Nerdy Diva, UX educator, and caregiver to my family.
Each of these items on my must-have list are vital to me creating a life that I love. Learn more about my interviewing journey and more by clicking the button below.
“I wasn’t looking to accept just any role or take the first one being offered. I stayed the course and had faith that I would find what I was looking for, and I did.” – Shanae Chapman
Meet our Summer 2022 interns!
Last month, three interns from STL Youth Jobs completed the Nerdy Diva internship as part of STL Youth Jobs’ Career Accelerator Pathway. Thank you to Shancia Morgan, Shawn Taylor, and Anaya Walker for contributing to Nerdy Diva’s growth this summer!!! They completed a...
Nerdy Diva’s in The New York Times!
Image Credit: Whitney Curtis for The New York TimesEarlier this year, Shanae had the amazing opportunity to close out 2021 by sharing her experience as a Black woman in tech over the past 10 years with the New York Times. In the article, she discusses her experience...
Watch Nerdy Diva’s Interview with Good Morning America!
Image Credit: Screenshot via Good Morning America (GMA)Are you trying to figure out whether or not it's a good time to find a new job or secure higher compensation? Experts say that now is the time to negotiate a raise due to rising inflation, and our founder Shanae...